Volunteering at Horizons
Volunteering for Horizons at Foote is vital to supporting the program, operations and academic success of every student. Volunteer applications are limited and we can’t accept every request. We only offer a limited number of students who have completed 9th grade and older the opportunity to work with Horizons K - 6th grade students in our six-week full-day summer program.
Volunteers play a valuable role at Horizons by assisting classroom teachers with a variety of activities. Our volunteers help out in the following areas:
- Academic Support: work with students individually or in small groups; prepare materials for classroom activities, monitor specific activities as assigned by classroom teacher
- Enrichment Support: monitor students in all enrichment activities (sports, music, dance, art, swimming, etc.) and on field trips, actively engage with students in the activity where appropriate
- General Support: set a positive example for all students at all times; assist in cafeteria as needed during breakfast and lunch; monitor and engage with students during recess, at sports, during transitions, on bus, during swimming and on field trips
- Support additional staff as needed
To be a successful Horizons at Foote volunteer, you will need to embody the following characteristics below.
- Maturity, restraint and make good judgment
- Respect, relate well to children and adults
- Cheerful, positive and warm personality
- Skilled patience, kindness, and tolerance
- Very adaptable and creatively able to problem-solve
For further information, please contact Executive Director, Kelonda Maull at email@example.com. Please put “Summer Volunteer Position” in subject line.
Thank you for your interest in Horizons at Foote!